Webinar | A model to quantify Compliance, Legal and Contractual Risks - 8th December
A model to quantify compliance, legal and contractual risks. Summary, The use of colors, 1-5 ranges, scores, and adjectives to assess risks not only induces wrong decision making but also is malpractice. Scientific research has proven that heat maps and qualitative assessments have mathematical flaws and biases preventing corporate defense and compliance with accountability principles. Learn how to use data-driven models based on Monte Carlo Simulations and decision trees to quantify the exposure to legal, contractual, fraud and compliance breaches.
Measuring risks in monetary terms allows us to assess insurance coverage, investment in controls, price levels, and more importantly, get top management attention to the compliance program. You will receive a model to adjust to your organization with practical tips to facilitate objective-centric discussions and differentiate consultancy service proposals.
GACO is happy to announce that we have engaged Prof Hernan Huwyler, MBA CPA to conduct this crucial and very interesting webinar.
Date: 8th December 2022
Time: 9.30am - 11am
Fees: £35 GACO/GFIA/GANT Members
Professor Hernan Huwyler
Professor Hernan Huwyler is a governance, risk and compliance specialist for multinational companies. He works in developing internal controls to address business risks and legal requirements in European and American corporations and is currently working for ISS World in Copenhagen to develop its center of risk management excellence. He previously worked for Deloitte in Copenhagen to develop the practice in risk advisory and served as Risk Management and Internal Control Director for Veolia, leading governance practices in Iberia and Latin America. He also previously worked for ExxonMobil, Baker Hughes and Tenaris. He has an MBA and CPA, as well as, co-chairs the non-financial assurance commission at The Institute of Internal Auditors. Hernan frequently lectures on compliance, risk management, data privacy, GDPR and auditing at top universities and business schools.
- Senior Manager Compliance at ISS Center of Excellence for Risk Management
- Senior Manager Operational Risk at Risk Advisory, Deloitte Danmark
- Risk Management and Internal Controls Director, Veolia
- Compliance Audit Coordinator, Tenaris
- Business Process and Finance Specialist and Compliance Auditor, Baker Hughes
- Inventory and Crude Oil Accounting Specialist, ExxonMobil
- Senior Consultant at Risk Services, Deloitte
- International Diploma in Business, Management and Administration, University of Cambridge
- Manage Mentor Program for Process Improvement, Harvard
- MBA in Organizational Management, ESDEN
- CPA, UCEL
- Gibraltar Upgraded to Whitelist by FATF
- 21st March - GACO Webinar - The importance and relevance of having a robust Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 13th March - Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Services Providers Seminar
- GACO EY Seminar - The Importance of Operational Resilience and Practical Steps to implement it - 29th February 2024
- Playing by the rules: GACO stands guard at Gibraltar’s gates
- GACO Webinar: AI and the Evolving Auditor, An Exploration on How to Embrace the Challenge and Seize the Opportunity
- GACO Membership Renewals
- GACO Webinar - SARS and MDR - What are the implications for me?
- GACO Financial Crime Training 2023
- Webinar - UBO Registers: Quo Vadis? Despite the shortcomings and difficulties, How can the data be used in the fight against Financial Crime
- GACO Webinar 10th October - Illicit Money Financing Terrorism in the Twenty First Century - What you need to know about Terrorist Financing
- GACO Webinar 21st September - ICARA - what are the common challenges and pitfalls?