'Risk on the Rock' event looks at managing risk of financial crime
Gibraltar is in a "pretty good place" towards getting off the Financial Action Task Force's grey list, according to the former Executive Secretary of the FATF, David Lewis.
He's one of four speakers who took part in "Risk on the Rock", a biannual event organised by the Gibraltar Association of Compliance Officers, held at the Sunborn Hotel.
The event looked at how to manage the risk of financial crime: tackling issues including money laundering, cyber-attacks, and risk management in businesses.
GBC reporter, Christina Cortes, heard from the four international speakers, including Mr Lewis, ahead of their talks.
- Gibraltar Upgraded to Whitelist by FATF
- 21st March - GACO Webinar - The importance and relevance of having a robust Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 13th March - Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Services Providers Seminar
- GACO EY Seminar - The Importance of Operational Resilience and Practical Steps to implement it - 29th February 2024
- Playing by the rules: GACO stands guard at Gibraltar’s gates
- GACO Webinar: AI and the Evolving Auditor, An Exploration on How to Embrace the Challenge and Seize the Opportunity
- GACO Membership Renewals
- GACO Webinar - SARS and MDR - What are the implications for me?
- GACO Financial Crime Training 2023
- Webinar - UBO Registers: Quo Vadis? Despite the shortcomings and difficulties, How can the data be used in the fight against Financial Crime
- GACO Webinar 10th October - Illicit Money Financing Terrorism in the Twenty First Century - What you need to know about Terrorist Financing
- GACO Webinar 21st September - ICARA - what are the common challenges and pitfalls?