Playing by the rules: GACO stands guard at Gibraltar’s gates
Working to ensure its members have the tools to prevent everything from terrorism financing to money laundering, internal fraud to financial crime, the Gibraltar Association of Compliance Officers (GACO) is at the forefront of educating its 250-plus members on how best to keep the Rock’s myriad institutions safe.
GACO members range from high street shops to investment managers, banks, estate agents, the insurance and gaming industries, in short anyone who needs and wants to be compliant with the regulations – and to play by the rules.
Running regular training sessions, both face to face and through webinars, GACO is now in its 20th year and is fiercely proud of its independence, insisting: “We don’t accept sponsorship.”
Part of that mentoring includes GACO’s yearly Financial Crime Training, which is crucial to navigate an ever-changing minefield of risks such as fraud, data and information security, to bribery and corruption.
Yearly tune-up The shopping list of potential risk may seem daunting but it is GACO’s role to help equip its members with the tools needed for financial crime prevention and to enable professionals, indeed all members of staff, to understand their part in making their particular environment safe.
- Gibraltar Upgraded to Whitelist by FATF
- 21st March - GACO Webinar - The importance and relevance of having a robust Compliance Monitoring Plan
- 13th March - Virtual Assets and Virtual Asset Services Providers Seminar
- GACO EY Seminar - The Importance of Operational Resilience and Practical Steps to implement it - 29th February 2024
- Playing by the rules: GACO stands guard at Gibraltar’s gates
- GACO Webinar: AI and the Evolving Auditor, An Exploration on How to Embrace the Challenge and Seize the Opportunity
- GACO Membership Renewals
- GACO Webinar - SARS and MDR - What are the implications for me?
- GACO Financial Crime Training 2023
- Webinar - UBO Registers: Quo Vadis? Despite the shortcomings and difficulties, How can the data be used in the fight against Financial Crime
- GACO Webinar 10th October - Illicit Money Financing Terrorism in the Twenty First Century - What you need to know about Terrorist Financing
- GACO Webinar 21st September - ICARA - what are the common challenges and pitfalls?