Webinar: Combatting Environmental Crime, 11th of May
As reported by the UN, environmental crimes, are among some of the most profitable and easy forms of criminal activity, are continuously rising by 5-7 % annually representing likely the fourth largest criminal area in the world. According to FATF, environmental crimes is generating around USD 110 to 281 billion in criminal gains each year. In this session, the Gibraltar Compliance Association will join Hassan Zebdeh, Eastnets’ Financial Crime Advisor, to provide key insights on the latest developments in Environmental Crime, and guidelines to better detect these activities and combat them.
We are pleased to extend an open invitation to our upcoming webinar on Environmental Crime. As reported by the UN, environmental crimes have become one of the most profitable and easy forms of criminal activity, with an annual growth rate of 5-7%, making it likely the fourth-largest criminal area in the world. According to FATF, environmental crimes is generating around USD 110 to 281 billion in criminal gains each year.
In this session, we are proud to join the Gibraltar Compliance Association and Hassan Zebdeh, Eastnets’ Financial Crime Advisor, who will provide key insights into the latest developments in Environmental Crime. We will also provide guidelines to better detect these activities and combat them, thereby mitigating the risks associated with environmental crimes.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- The financial implications of environmental crimes, and the financial institutions most at risk
- The latest regulatory developments surrounding environment crime.
- Best practices for detecting and preventing environmental crimes including risk indicators.
The webinar is scheduled to take place on Thursday the 11th of May, between 11:00 to 12:00 CET.
Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the session.
- GACO Webinar 10th October - Illicit Money Financing Terrorism in the Twenty First Century - What you need to know about Terrorist Financing
- GACO Webinar 21st September - ICARA - what are the common challenges and pitfalls?
- Head of Compliance & MLRO Job Vacancy
- GACO Annual General Meeting 2023
- GACO Real Estate Agent AML/CFT/CPF Training - 6th June 2023
- GACO event: Are we safe from internal fraud? - 7th June 2023
- Save the Date! Counter Terrorist Financing Event - 18th of May
- Webinar: Combatting Environmental Crime, 11th of May
- MLRO Masterclass (12th and 13th of April, 13th June)
- GACO Responsible Gambling Workshops (4th-5th of April)
- GACO Webinar: The new Consumer Duty, are you ready? 16th of March
- How Gibraltar implements a crypto-friendly regulatory environment